Ad ID: 17871
Added: January 8, 2021
Sell Price: £10.99
Ad Type: Brand New
Location: United Kingdom
Uncle Ben’s Microwave Rice Mixed Selection, Bulk Multipack of 12- 6 x Golden Vegetable 250 g, 6 x Spicy Mexican 250 g
Uncle Ben’s Microwave Rice
This multipack combines two of best selling Uncle Ben’s microwave rice flavours – Golden Vegetable and Spicy Mexican.
The Golden Vegetable microwave rice combines our famous steamed long grain rice with carefully selected peppers, sweetcorn and peas. Whilst Uncle Ben’s Spicy Mexican rice is mixed with delicious red peppers, chillies and adzuki beans.
Prep and clean-up is a breeze with these microwavable pouches, and since they heat up in just 2 minutes, you’ll have a tasty meal in no time.
This rice helps you create a delicious and wholesome meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week. The versatile duo gives you the flexibility to create delicious meat or vegetable rice meals from fajitas, enchiladas to chicken & pepper skewers or even something of your own imagination.
Golden Vegetable Rice: Steamed Parboiled Long Grain Rice (79%), Red Pepper (4.7%), Carrot, Sweetcorn (3.2%), Lemon Juice, Peas (2.0%), Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavouring, Salt, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Spices. Spicy Mexican Rice: Steamed Parboiled Long Grain Rice (75%), Sweetcorn (5.5%), Tomato Paste, Lemon Juice, Adzuki Beans (3.9%), Sunflower Oil, Red Pepper (2.3%), Natural Flavouring, Sugar, Jalapeno Pepper (1.1%), Onion, Spices, Coriander, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Salt.
MICROWAVE HEATING INSTRUCTIONS: Squeeze the pouch to separate the rice. Tear open the top corner slightly. Heat for 2 minutes in a 700W microwave or 90 seconds in a 900W. Stir rice through for a perfect finish. HOB HEATING INSTRUCTIONS: Squeeze the pouch to separate the rice. Boil 30ml (about 2 tbsp) water. Stir rice through for a perfect finish. Add the rice, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
From the manufacturer
We make an UNCLE BEN’S Microwave Rice variety to complement every recipe, from Asian and Mexican rice dishes to classic mid-week meals.
They’re not just great tasting…all our products contain absolutely no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, just the most wholesome ingredients.
Our rice pouches cook in just 2 minutes meaning you can have a tasty meal in no time!
Chicken Fajitas with Spicy Mexican Rice
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- Mix together the chicken and fajita spice mix.
- Heat oil in large pan on med-high heat, add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onions and peppers, cook for further 2-3 minutes.
- Add UNCLE BEN’S Spicy Mexican Microwave Rice, and mix through for the final 2 minutes. Spread warm tortillas with salsa and sour cream, and add spoonfuls of the chicken, vegetable and rice mix.
- 250g boneless, skinless chicken breasts , sliced into thin strips
- 2 tsp. Fajita spice mix
- 1 small onion , peeled and sliced
- 3 peppers, one red, one yellow and one green, deseeded and sliced
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- 1 tub salsa, to serve
- 1 tub sour cream, to serve
- 1 pouch UNCLE BEN’S Spicy Mexican Microwave Rice
Chicken and Pepper Skewers
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- Add the chicken, oil, paprika, oregano and garlic to a bowl and mix.
- Slide the pieces of red pepper, green pepper and chicken onto the skewer until each skewer is filled
- Place on the griddle for 10 minutes, turning half way.
- Heat the Uncle Ben’s rice for 2 minutes in the microwave and then place into bowls. Take the skewers straight from the pan and place on top of the rice.
- 1tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into chunks
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 250g UNCLE BEN’S Golden Vegetable Rice
We have formed partnerships with local and international organisations to work towards growing rice sustainably – this includes improving rice growing practices, encouraging water stewardship and empowering farmers.
We are sorry that you where not happy.
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can in improve ?